- Sketches for the great work. Prototyping a superior experience.
Sketches for the great work. Prototyping a superior experience.
By Global Trust Association
17 April, 2019 | 16:04hrs
Today, it is possible to find several ways and means to achieve success with the best user experience. Upon obtaining relevant information and after having properly analyzed and organized it, it is extremely useful and also necessary to be able to sketch and set representation models that simulates, as perfectly as possible, the interfaces –including their respective features and attributes– of the products or services with which users will ultimately have to interact.
These representation models, which are widely known as prototypes, become the convergence and understanding point between designers and users to finally define the best representation of features according to their needs.
However, these features must include certain criteria –usually recognized as practical standards in UX design–, which derive from one of the main factors that best describes UX: usability.
According to Whitney Quesenberry, usability comprises 5 criteria:
- Effectiveness: Allow users to achieve their goals.
- Efficiency: Allow user to do the work as fast as possible.
- Engagement: Achieve loyalty with the interface, basically based on the design aesthetics.
- Error Tolerance: Ensure that users can easily recover from an error and continue doing their activities.
- Ease of Learning: Simplicity in the use and handling of the product.